JOLLY GRAMMAR LEVELS 1 & 2 COURSE
This course teaches the structure part of the English language in an active, multisensory and child-friendly way. This includes parts of speech, spelling, punctuation and more.
This Jolly Grammar Course is the next stage after Jolly Phonics.
In the first stage of the children’s literacy journey – Jolly Phonics, the children were taught how to read and write by learning the 42 main letter sounds of the English Language, blend the letter sounds to make words, recognize the sounds in spoken words in order to spell and write correctly, learnt how to form their letters correctly as well as other literacy skills.
This course will teach the broader skills for learners to be able to communicate effectively:
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling will be systematically and incrementally taught,
- Phonic knowledge will be reinforced and extended,
- Vocabulary will be expanded,
- Comprehension improved,
- Parts of speech and verb tenses introduced,
- Morphemes such as prefixes and suffixes will be clearly taught,
- Word meaning such as comparatives and superlatives clearly taught.
The teaching is active and multisensory, with colours and actions for parts of speech.
- Reinforce and extend phonic knowledge.
- Teach spelling systematically.
- Expand vocabulary and improve comprehension.
- Introduce parts of speech and verb tenses.
- Introduce morphemes, such as prefixes and suffixes.
- Enable the children to analyse and parse text.
- Introduce syntax and sentence structure.
- Develop the children’s use of punctuation.
- Develop the children’s dictionary and thesaurus skills.
What Will You Learn?
- Nouns, Proper Nouns, Common Nouns
- Pronouns, Grammatical Persons, Personal Pronouns
- Verbs, Conjugating Verbs, Tenses
- Adjectives, Adverbs, Possessive Adjectives
- Homophones, Articles, Sentences, Compound Words
- Improving Vocabulary and Using a Dictionary
- Speech Marks, Questions, Conjunctions, Prepositions
- Prefixes, Suffixes, Comparatives and superlatives
- Commas in Lists, Exclamation Marks
- PARSING: Identifying the parts of speech in sentences.
- Short Vowels & Consonant Doubling.
Introduction to Jolly Grammar Levels 1 and 2
Introduction to Jolly Grammar Levels 1 and 209:27
Aims and Coverage of the Jolly Grammar
Lesson 2 – Aims and Coverage of the Jolly Grammar14:40
Spelling and Punctuation
Lesson 3 – Spelling and Punctuation09:53
Parts of Speech
Lesson 4 – Parts of Speech18:01
Lesson 5 – Teaching Pronouns13:34
Lesson 6 (Articles)05:52
Lesson 7 – Verb17:27
Lesson 8 – Adjectives06:43
Lesson 9 – Teaching Adverbs08:22
Lesson 10 – Possessive Adjectives_114:03
Lesson 11 – Conjuctions06:56
Lesson 12 – Preposition04:55
Lesson 13 – Parsing05:46
Lesson 14 – Sentence05:26
Compound Words, Speech Marks, Questions
Lesson 15 – Compound Words, Speech Marks, Questions09:01
Using a Dictionary and Thesaraus
Lesson 16 – Using a Dictionary and Thesaraus20:19
Prefixes and Suffixes
Lesson 17 – Prefixes and Suffixes13:16
Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
Lesson 18 – Comparative and Superlative Adjectives06:09
Commas, Exclamation Marks
Lesson 19 – Commas, Exclamation Marks04:41
Vowel and Consonant Doubling
Lesson 20 – Vowel and Consonant Doubling10:16
Initial Consonant Blending
Lesson 21 – Initial Consonant Blending08:20
Proofreading a Story
Lesson 22 – Proofreading a Story11:23
Course Assessment 1