ABOUT THE COURSE
This is a certificate Course suitable for people who are practicing nannies, mothers of very young children, child minders and those intending to cater for children in the age range of birth – three years of age in schools, homes or churches.
This Course paves the way for anyone wishing to later study towards the Diploma in Montessori Method of Education.
The Nanny Plus Course is delivered and certificate awarded by Chelis School Consultancy and Development Centre Ltd.
- To provide learners with the history of nannying.
- To teach learners the different types of nannying profession.
- To give learners an introduction of whom a nanny is.
- To teach learners the qualities and roles of a good nanny for children within the first three years of life.
- To give learners an awareness of nature of a child and his needs.
- To teach learners the different areas of child development.
- To introduce learners to the different similar professions to nanny.
- To provide learners with child appropriate activities that can support the child’s total development.
- To teach learners basic lesson planning for Montessori activities that can engage and support the development of very young children.
- To develop learner’s interest and appreciation of the use of teaching aids designed by Maria Montessori that are suitable for very young children.
History of nannying
Roles and Qualities of a Nanny
Practical Activities to support Child Development.
One day: 9: am – 4: pm
Registration: N10, 000
A Certificate will be awarded and issued to students who have successfully completed the one-day Training Workshop.
Applicants are required to have the following:
- Currently Practicing Nannies and Prospective Teachers
- A minimum of credit in three subjects at a sitting in WAEC, NECO or an equivalent examination.
- At least 17 years of age.
- Parents and grandparents who have no academic qualification are eligible.