Montessori Classroom Activities for the Early Years (4 Days)
ABOUT THE COURSE
The ‘New Montessori Classroom Activities for the Early Years’ is a professional development course in the Montessori Method of education suitable for teachers, assistant teachers, parents/guardians in charge of children in the age range of 2½ – 6 years.
It offers teachers and teacher assistants in non-Montessori schools, the theory, principles and practical knowledge in the Montessori Method of education that can help them work effectively with very young children in a Montessori school.
This course is for anyone wishing to know and understand what the Montessori Method is all about with respect to children in the early years of life.
It is suitable for parents and adults in charge of very young children at home and in churches.
This Teacher Professional Development Course is delivered and certificate awarded by Chelis School Consultancy and Development Centre Ltd.
- To equip learners with a detailed understanding of the Montessori Method of Education as applicable to children in the age range of 2½ – 6 years old.
- To familiarize learners with a good understanding of Maria Montessori’s educational principles.
- To introduce learners to the Montessori areas of learning applicable to very young children.
- To enhance the learners teaching skills and knowledge for better performance in a Montessori environment with children in the age range of 2½ – 6 years old.
- To give the learner an idea on Montessori classroom set-up children in the age –range of 2½ – 6 year.
- To teach learners the basics for preparation of Montessori Materials.
- To give learners experience on how to create and deliver Montessori lessons.
- To help learners develop interest and understanding of the Montessori’s teaching aids.
- To stimulate love for teaching in learners, through the use of unique Montessori materials.
- To give learners experience on the conduct of a Montessori teacher in charge of children in the early years class.
- To give learners a boost in their professional zeal towards caring for children in the Montessori early years classes.
Montessori Principle & Philosophy
Practical Life Activities
This course is usually given during the summer holidays to allow full participation of teachers. The course can also be delivered on demand for schools or group of persons as a customized training. The duration is four days, from 9:00 – 4: pm daily.
The training fee is N40,000
Practical-based and oral questions
Students must present some practical activities and answer some oral questions.
A Certificate will be awarded and issued to students who have successfully completed all the four days of training workshop.
Applicants are required to have the following:
- Currently practicing teachers and prospective teachers
- A minimum of credit in three subjects at a sitting in WAEC, NECO or an equivalent examination.
- At least 17 years of age.